Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Storm In A Teacup

Woo crazy month.

I had kind of a hectic month. First off, I no longer have a computer. I got home one morning and it wouldn't turn on. After troubleshooting a bit, I took it in, only to find out that the cpu, motherboard, power supply, and video card were all shot. Woot. So no computer for me.

Second, my roommate's neglect for her dog - which created a semi-crisis in july - nearly got us all evicted a few weeks back. After we had the damage fixed, we were told we were allowed to stay - for how long? It was kind of an interesting process. It was the second landlord incident I've had in the 5 years I've lived on my own. The first was another fun little miscommunication back in 2005 - 1. we secure a house months in advance; 2. we prepare to move in; 3. landlord pulls out a day before, leaving me and saul stranded for a week.

The landlord process doesn't bother me. The fact that my current landlord cannot communicate properly with me is another issue. He doesn't speak english well at all. The problems that stem from that alone are pretty self explanatory.

The whole month wasn't hectic. Not having a computer may actually be a small blessing in disguise. A new years resolution of mine was to cut down on my screen time, and while a newly acquired tech device may set me back (the fabled PVR), not having a computer is giving me way more time to do other things.

Soccer is totally my life right now. I am in the coaching zone right now, and I stay awake at night trying to figure ways to make my perfect team more perfect. After 3 games (a very small season sample), we're perfect, and in first place.

I've also been playing a bunch, which is very therapeutic. Coaching all week, all I crave sometimes is to step in and play. Watching my team play, without lacing up cleats myself, may be one of the hardest parts of me taking up coaching. Anyway, a couple United teams have been using me for a few games. I've still got it!

Stream of consciousness, that a month off from blogging will create: Old buddies are back in town, and fall should be pretty fun with them. My parents are less than impressed with how I've been treating them, which is very similar to the way they treat me. I miss my brother more than I ever have, as he has almost become the new voice of reason in my family. I need to work more. I need a roommate. I need to take a snapshot of how I feel about coaching right now, as the feeling won't/can't last, and I'll be searching for it later.

See you in a month?

'Another loose cannon gone bipolar'

No comments: