Saturday, November 7, 2009

Stranger Things Have Happened

It's movember. Gross. Yet it's for a good cause. Growing a mustache to raise awareness of prostate cancer. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

Making for a good segue, my brother is coming to town tomorrow. He had a ridic mustache last year. It'll be nice to see him. I haven't seen him since July, and I haven't seen his son or fiancee since the spring. Yeah, way too long.

I'll be spending most of my weekend in Victoria. I've been in victoria the last 3 weeks, and the hour and a half drive is pretty easy at this point. My U21 team has been playing on the road in Vic for the past 3 weeks, and we have 2 more weeks there to go. They've been playing well. We're unbeaten at 5-0, and atop the league standings. One of the parents started a fan website for the team. You can check it out here.

COD:MW2 is coming out in 3 days. For all you non gamers who are out of the loop, that's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The hype is pretty huge for this thing. Not just with me. The youtube community watched the trailer more than any other video a few days ago. You can see the trailer here. I've been really excited to get this game since I heard it was coming out, like a year ago. On tuesday it comes out, and I'll be out there getting it hopefully.

I have this stupid sickness that has been steadily growing for a few weeks. It's reached it's worst point in the last few days. I wish I could just get good and sick, and get it over with. At least that would be better than feeling without energy for a week, then getting a nasal cold for a week, then a sore throat, and so on. It hasn't stopped me from working, coaching, or anything like that.

I'm in the process of booking my may trip to mexico for my brother's wedding. I'll kind of be relieved when it's all booked and taken care of, then I can relax about it. It's going to be an amazing experience, although I'm keeping pretty low key about it. I've never been to an exotic place before, and I'm not going to let expectations ruin anything for me. I'm sure it'll be a blasty blast, and I AM going to get pumped up for the fact that my bro is getting married. Good times with rings.

Other than this weekend with soccer and my brother coming to town, not much is new or remotely exciting.

Christmas is lurking. Really?

'Here's the hitch, your horse is leaving'

No comments: