Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Waking Up

Hey guys

Pretty much all settled in now in Vic. I miss all my friends back in Nanaimo, but I don't really miss Nanaimo. Saul is in Van now, Jeff and JC in Alberta, and Blake is in Europe for the Fall/Winter. So I guess even if I were in Nanaimo, I wouldn't be hanging out with friends anyway.

I'm making new friends at work, but not the let's-hang-out-this-weekend type of friends. Same with the soccer team I coach. Regardless, it's nice to make friends with people.

Other than that, I'm kind of into a work grind. Working at starbucks is lame, and while I'm working full weeks, I'm still trying to find time to continue to apply for other work. I guess I shouldn't say that working at starbucks is lame, but working for a bad wage is weak. I'm pluggin away though.

Thanksgiving is pretty toned down unfortunately this weekend. I work, and I have to miss a big dinner with friends because my team is playing on Saturday night. Next weekend I'll hopefully get to Campbell River and Nanaimo. My parents are moving in a few weeks into their new house, and I want to get to their current house at least one last time. It's too nice for me to not be in again.

Thanks for reading.

- Mike

'We cut ties
we tell lies
we hate change'

No comments: