Friday, November 12, 2010

The Freshman

I feel like writing.

This entry is probably one of those entries where I write about everything and nothing. I saw Stone temple pilots last week. It's a different mindset when I go see a big band nowadays. Used to be a real big deal, but not so much anymore. The combo of seeing like 20-30 shows, and the fact that I don't listen to as much music anymore, has kind of dulled the mystique of live music. STP was good though. Big Empty was their best effort I thought.

I'm reading 'Next' by Michael Crichton. It's interesting, but I can't quite figure out why books don't hold me. I often struggle to get through the last 1/3 of a book, only to be supremely disappointed by the finish. Anyway, I'm ~290 pages into next and it's starting to dwindle.

I work tomorrow morning, and coach in the afternoon, and maybe it's a good idea to start thinking about sleep tonight. I've been working a lot more lately than my first few months in victoria. Yes, I'm still at starbucks. No, I haven't heard back from my other job prospects. Starbees (not their term, but mine) treats me well, and I take full advantage of my free stuff.

I was watching some sports thing last week, and they were talking about a coach's career record. So I want to keep track of my own career win/loss record - so I can celebrate my 100th win or something with my own little party or something. I probably won't call a press conference. But if last year was my 1st year coaching, my career record is 19W-7L-1T. That means I go home happy over 2/3's of the time. That's fine with me.

That's all for my free float. I like the new Kings of Leon album. Not to be trendy, but I like it. Oh yeah, and I miss my friends. All of 'em.

Later!

'For the life of me
I cannot remember
what made us think that we were wise'

No comments: