Saturday, October 27, 2007

Life and love and why

Lets start this thing right. With a funny story. I was on the cusp of losing my virginity. I won't say how old I was, it was tough enough for me then. I don't need more flack about it now. Anyway, I was lucky enough to see it coming, so I was able to try and script things a little bit. Here's what happened.

Me and this girl had been seeing each other for a little while, and it was really evident that this particular Saturday was going to be 'The Day'. Or 'The Night' so to speak. So I reso'd dinner at some fancy restaurant in another city, and we made the trek to start the evening off right. And it DID start off strong. Dinner was good, and I think I must have been confident in some ignorant way. After dinner, to be semi-funny, I ask "what now?" She knew and I knew, so we left the restaurant to head home. Anyway, I had locked my keys in the car.

I had no cell of course, and I also had such limited funds that I wouldn't be able to pay the tow truck driver. Brilliant. I had a spare set of keys at home, but that was a half hour drive away. 20 minutes later we had a friend of mine drive the keys up to where we were. Of course, this guy (the friend) didn't know the status of the two of us, or the direction of our evening. And he wanted to hang out. Do I snub the guy who drove out of his way for me? Of course not.

It was starting to pile up a little bit for me. I was more than a little flustered by the whole night, not to mention the added pressure of the first time you have sex. Every time I looked over at whatsername, she just giggled away, enjoying my agony immensely. We finally made it home, and it HAD taken forever, like i had predicted earlier in the day. But we were finally alone, and the house was empty.

I guess the humour lies within the irony that that night was.

But I made it. And it was brutal.

Thanks for reading...
mw

'when she goes storming out, i run for cover'

No comments: