Saturday, June 28, 2008

Crushcrushcrush

Back in Edm.

I'm off for a few days, so I'm down in Edmonton at Dusty's. Dusty is such an awesome guy. He'd let me stay at his place indefinitely without asking for a thing. I think that is one part of me coming to Alberta that I really lucked out on. Back to work in a few days, and it's a 7 hour drive with four other guys in a pickup truck. Guess who rides bitch?!

Anyway, I was really happy to be paid for the first time last night. I can now settle all my debts and pay for a few things I need, and some that I want. I bussed to West Edmonton Mall today and bought shorts, a phone, and a book.

I'll probably update more later, but I only have a short time on here right now. I want to sort of explain what camp is like in a little bit of detail, but I really don't want to think about that right now.

My hands are incredibly sore. I can't explain the pain. Turning a 36 inch wrench for many hours a day get the muscles going in my hand. My thumbs are so swollen that I can't touch my thumb to my pinkie.

Here is part of what I do in a day: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uKBkJg3m-ig

Thanks for reading.

'And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass'

No comments: