Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Getchoo

Yesterday was nice.

I had my grad convocation, which I was on the fence about for a while. In the end I was glad I was able to go. I think my parents were glad that I finished my degree (finally), after a long 6 years. It was also really great to see a bunch of school friends that I may not see again.

I'm working a little bit, but I'm still holding hope that alberta will work itself out, and that I'll head back there soon. As much as I'd like to get back and get working, it's really nice to be back in a number of routines, only without the nagging guilt of school.

I got the new grand theft auto today, and so far it's been all hype. I almost have the urge to play call of duty 4 instead, but I'm going to give gta a good chance. Although I wasn't as ecstatic as I'd hoped to be, I have to admit that the improvements over the old version are ridiculous.

I've been downloading a pile of music recently, and I've also been playing a bunch of bass as well. I'm still hooked on the death cab album, although with summer coming there should be a number of good albums coming out. I've been playing a ton of audioslave and rhcp on bass, and it's making me a lot quicker with my left hand. I'd like to buy a new bass this summer, either a 5 string electric bass or a 4 string acoustic. Either one would be awesome, and I'm leaning toward the acoustic because I want to learn some strumming riffs.

What else? I got a new watch for my grad present, just like the last time I graduated. Tissot prs516 retrograde is what it is, and I'm really excited about it. To me, a nice watch seems like a really important accessory to have, although it's low on my priority list of things to buy. Which is why it's a perfect gift.

It's been a week and lots is new, little is exciting, and I'm generally a happier camper. Oh yeah, Jer came home for a few days from alberta, and I was happy to see the guy.

I'm not sure how often I'll be updating this now that I'm out of school and my routine at night is non-existent, but I'm sure I'll feel the need to write now and then.

Thanks for reading.

'Forget about the reasons'

1 comment:

Jetty said...

I was thinking about getting the latest Grand Theft though memories of playing the one where you ride a bike through a seedy part of town and these gangsters come up and shoot you runs through my mind. I'll have to work on that for sure!