Sunday, June 8, 2008

Veneer

Going back to Alberta.

Well I got the call that my bank account wanted to hear, but my social life didn't. Work starts for me next wednesday on Nabors rig 117, so I'll fly out midday-ish on tuesday from vancouver to edmonton. It's going to be really great to be working a lot, for a lot. I have my rig bag packed, and I'm only going to take one other bag along. I went to Alberta in late april with 3 bags, and came back with 4. Now I'm heading back with 2. Which means I'm sacrificing books, nice clothes, and other containers that hold my sanity intact.

Euro 2008 started yesterday, and Holland plays tomorrow against Italy, the best team in Europe and third best in the world. Holland is ranked 10th in the world, one behind England who actually didn't qualify. With England being out, Saul doesn't really have the interest he usually has, but nonetheless, I'm really excited for Holland to do well. The Dutch have the best midfield in the tournament, and that's more statistical than my opinion. When it comes to discipline and penalties, the orange are awful. Hopefully they get past the group stage, then anything can happen.

Not much is new around here. My dad started his 48 week treatment, and the interferon is really caustic.

I'll probably update once I get to Edmonton. I'm hoping for the best case scenario: lots of work, little home time, and no accom/transportation problems. I'll be back August 1st at the latest, and I plan to salvage a little summer time (if there's any to be had).

Thanks for reading.

'You've made me an offer that I can refuse,
Counter proposal: I go home & Jerk off'

No comments: