Monday, June 23, 2008

We Never Change

I have a few minutes online, so this won't be long.

I'm up in camp a few hours north of fort Macmurray in a place called fort Mackay. The sun comes up at 2:30am. It's pretty far north. The good news about that is the northern allowance that bags me 2$ per hour just for being here. Ship it.

It took me a week to get used to camp life, and I'm still adjusting to working on an oil rig. Half the day at work is super slow and I have nothing to do, and the other half is so fast that I can't keep up. But I'm adapting pretty well, even though I would say that camp life and work both really suck.

What else? Umm, well I guess that before I came to Alberta, I had worked less than 40 hours since last august. My first week on the rig banked 82 hours, and the paychecks will have around 150-160 hours. 88 at 26.90$, and the remainder at 39.90$. Wowza.

I get a few days off around canada day, but I don't have time to fly home. Pretty lame. So I'll be back in Edmonton, and I'm gonna sleep the whole time. Then on the 2nd it's another 24 days on, and I'll be back July 27th-ish. I'm looking forward to that day.

I don't really know the feeling of how much money I'm making, because everything is free in camp, and I haven't been paid yet. But it's a really nice feeling to be banking everything with next to no expenses. I will be a balla. I will be a balla. I will be a balla. Lol.

That's all. Check in periodically. I miss home, and my friends.

No comments: