Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bad Company

Master of your own domain. Be the master of your domain. I see people doing that a lot. At work, at home, out with friends, out shopping, etc. It seems to me like this is something some people consider the ‘be all’. “I work at The Gap, but I’m shift supervisor, and I’m the fucking man”. Now two things come hand in hand with being the master of your own domain. According to Mike. Pride, and ego.

Now, I have a major problem with people who pull the ego trip because they’re the master of their own domain. You know these people. These people sneer at you because you’re new at The Gap. There is an air about these people, because they think they’re better than you. And you hear lines like this around these people: “I’ve been working my way up for years”; or “I’m actually the junior assistant captain, so don’t do anything until you run it past me.” Hahahaha.

I guess I’ve been rubbed the wrong way by too many of these people. In my opinion, they just don’t have a good comprehension of the larger picture. I was going to say that these people are stupid, and have IQ’s that would qualify them for, never mind, but name calling devalues my argument. I think that a better understanding of the larger picture would allow someone to realize that being a big fish in a little bowl still puts you in a little bowl. This seems like the antithesis of ambition.

If you’re thinking that I must have had an episode with someone that sparked this rant, I didn’t. It’s far too common to try to isolate one incident.

A counter argument would be that for some people, this is the end of the line. Another might be that being a master of your own small bowl of a life is better than ass-kissing in the bigtime. Let me be straight on this. If you’re the master of your domain, you don’t bug me. If you’re outwardly proud of it, that’s cool. I have a lot of small time bullshit that makes me proud, and I know that it’s the end of the line for me with it. But to be egotistical to the point where you’re blind to the insignificance of yourself, that strikes me as silly.

I bet I know where this rant is coming from. I bet it’s because deep down I’m afraid that I’ll never get good enough at something significant. Maybe my fate is as a small bowler, or an asskisser in a big bowl. But whether I’m doomed to be a great white in the Vancouver aquarium, or fish food in the pacific, people that pull that ‘master of your domain’ ego are still going into my book o’ retards. I mean, they won’t earn my respect.

Mmm, that felt nice to get off my chest.

'That's why they call me
Bad company'

2 comments:

jazmynthirteen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jazmynthirteen said...

i think we all are our own masters of some sort of domain and i think we are all retards. haha sorry. it's just that we all have an ego whether it's buried six feet under or in the limelight. it very much has to do with how we display our ego that i think you are pissed off about but who's to say you won't write your own name in the book of retards when you find something worth bragging about?i'm not trying to bust your balls or anything but think about it there's always some jerk off that thinks they know more than you and than here i go trying to say i know more than what you're trying to say when in turn you are saying you have a clearer view of the big picture of these 'MASTERS' clearly displaying your arrogance of how much you know. Deadly cycle. Isn't it better to just agree that we are all idiots and know nothing of this vast life/universe?

The more we know the more we know that we know nothing.

-some socratic bullshit i learned in philosophy

i wasn't trying to be a jerk just had an opinion on the topic

and trust i truly am annoyed by the 'MASTERS' it bothers me to see some arrogant bastard flash his position or money like it displays their overall worth

makes me sick

GAG!