Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The New

Last day of the year.

I think this year has taken me more places than any other year. More in the sense of accomplishments, decisions, experiences, and the wider scope of things. I got sicker than I ever have been, accomplished something larger than anything before, took chances that I wouldn't have taken before, and thus learned a lot about myself in the process. I sort of want to wrap everything together.

That being said, I started to put together a month-by-month like I did last year, and I'm not happy with it. About half the months of this year were really exciting, new, and totally worth writing about. The other half were ridiculously bad, and I don't feel like revisiting them. So how about this. I will revisit the resolutions I made a year ago, and try to make some new ones.

2008 Resolutions:

Graduate with my B.A. - I did this. I'm really happy this got done.

Train and run the Vancouver Marathon - That didn't work out. Poor planning, school etc.

Spend more time with family and friends - I can say that yes, I spent more time. But not enough time that I was happy about it.

Make a career decision, even if a short-term one - Sitting here now, I would say that I didn't follow through with this.

Write more - Obviously

Play poker less - I followed though with this resolution. But I'm playing as I write this.

Maybe I'll post resolutions next year. I have a few, but I need to think a little more.

Thanks for reading, even if it's been only once in the last year.

'I've said what I said and you know what I mean'

No comments: