Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happiness and The Fish

Aha. Another week.

I had a nice weekend, although my weekends keep getting extended into tuesday. I spent the actual weekend spending a considerable amount of time at my parents' house, although they weren't always there with me. Saturday I went over there for dinner, and relaxed/ watched baseball, which was just what I had planned on doing.

Speaking of baseball, the season played out just the way I wanted it to. Midseason there was kind of a tease into a couple of really neat storylines, and 2.5 months later, all those stories are still a go. Yankee stadium is closing after 85 years, and it went out with a pretty cool farewell tour. Tampa Bay went from worst to first and should probably go bust in the first round of the playoffs. Finally, the cubbies are finally heading to the playoffs. They will hopefully win the world series and the longest WS winless drought will be done at 100 years.

Saturday night I went to jeff's after he invited me to come play video games and hang out. It was fun, except jeff couldn't make it. He wound up going on an impromptu date with some random. So I played rockband with his brother all night. It wound up being pretty fun anyway.

Yesterday I went to Ucluelet on a bit of a whim. Not like running a half marathon on a whim, but like going somewhere warm with drinks and friends kind of whim. Jen's dad has a timeshare or something at a condo there, so we went up for a night. We walked and took a few pictures today, but we were more than happy to just laze around for the most part.

I actually saw something quite remarkable at the waterfront in Ucluelet this afternoon. A group (pod, herd, gaggle?) of sea lions were hanging around and fishing for the crowd on the pier. One sea lion (that's twice I've spelled 'loin' instead --> freud) was taunting seagulls by thrashing the fish it had caught above the water. It was pretty wild to watch. But after watching 'planet earth' I guess I really shouldn't be shocked that it happens, but rather feel lucky to have caught it.

The rest of this week is a mystery still. I'm going to go figure it out.

'But did anybody wonder
What Annie might have in mind?'

No comments: