Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wait Until Tomorrow

24 tomorrow.

Yay for birthdays. I've got most of my day planned out for tomorrow, and it should be pretty relaxing. Which is all I really want. I've had a few hoo-harrahs in years past where I'm away from home or really busy on my birthday, and it's no fun. I really don't make much out of my birthdays, but I do really like to relax and hang out if I can. Tomorrow looks good like that.

Haha. That being said, we're having a party tomorrow night. By we I mean my roommates and I are hosting a birthday party for me and Ryan. He's turning like 27 or something. I think a lot of people are coming actually, and I'm looking forward to catching up with the people I haven't seen in a while. Landon is making drinks for people all night, and we've got a pile of alcohol that we plan to share with all our friends. So come for a drink and catch up. lol.

School has started again, and I'm not there. It probably feels exactly like last week. So I don't mind. Now that school is on, and I'm not there, I am starting to feel a knot tighten that's saying "find a job" and "what are you going to do?"

I'm been playing a ton of music lately, especially now that Landon and Jeremy are home. We played together as a band for the first time in 4-5 months, and it sounded shockingly good. I mean, it was bad, but there was actually some coordination at some points. I'm going to play music no matter it sounds like. Obviously I'm going to strive to be a better musician, and to gel the best I can with the group, but I'm not going to quit because we suck. We've got some new stuff, with different band members writing music and/or lyrics. It seems like I'm the only one not creating anything. I have a hangup against creating music I think. If I present the band with something, it's only going to be if I'm truly happy with a complex and meaningful song. I won't if it isn't. And if it is, I'll be so critical of how everyone plays it that I probably won't be satisfied anyway. I'll get over my own catch 22's at some point.

Anyway, I have a really enjoyable weekend ahead. Birthday, malaspina soccer on saturday (yeah watching, not playing), and spending some time with my parents.

Oh yeah. Really important news to me was delivered yesterday. My dad's been sick and taking really serious medication for the last 20 weeks or so. His tests results show that he's not sick anymore. So he'll finish the 48 week treatment, and hopefully be healthy for the long term. I haven't given it much thought, but that really puts my mind at ease in a lot of ways. I get used to living with certain stresses, and I think I don't react positively enough when I free myself of them. He's getting better, and that's really great.

Hope you have a good weekend.

'Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost'

No comments: