Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ashes In The Fall

Wow it's been a week since I posted last.

Whenever I sit down to blog, I usually wind up writing down twice as much as I expect. Yet when I think about updating my blog, I always have nothing of real interest to write about.

A few things happened in the last week, but it really wasn't that interesting. Especially in comparison to my summer. I haven't been listening to a lot of music. I haven't been spending any money on super happy fun times. I haven't really been doing much. I'm waiting on some tests to come in the mail so I can write them and get going on my certification, but I'm not really studying a whole lot for that. So there's things I probably should be doing, but you know.

Me and the boys have been playing really good music recently. Looking back to when we started - or when I joined them rather - it is mind boggling to me how far we've come. I can finally start making critical judgements of my play and the play of others. We are at the point where we can play a song and discuss more subtle points of music (i.e. tone, volume changes, negative space, etc.), rather than just poring over who plays what note when. I like that. It's also nice to hear the honest criticisms of friends and band mates about our play. It shouldn't be too long before we finally create an EP.

Other than that, not much else is worth reporting on. Baseball playoffs start tomorrow, and for once my cable (all 4 channels) will be showing some. Fingers crossed for the cubbies game on fox...

I actually just got to thinking. I had to go ahead and check the schedule to see IF the cubbies were on fox or not. First round is entirely on TBS, then the rest of the playoffs are on fox. So fingers crossed that the cubbies make the second round!

I've been following the news a lot lately. check out 'sxephil' on youtube.com. The guy is seriously worth the plug. I've been following the bailout and the american political scene pretty close. It's been an interesting few weeks in the good ol' USA. But don't worry. I may be getting my cubbies fix on fox, but I'm not getting my news fix there.

Anyway, it's midweek. Enjoy the rest. Thanks for reading.

'Reality is frisking me'

No comments: