Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Fiddle For The Drum

Holy shit I'm tired! I worked super hard yesterday and today, and ran ~20k in between. My legs hate me...

I jumped back into work this week after taking a little too much time off. It's nice to be going forward, rather than watching my bank account shrink. I'm going to be spending some time doing some flooring with jeff in the next few weeks, as he's pretty slammed for jobs. I also got back into the conference center today for a shift, and wound up picking up a bunch of shifts when a full timer up and quit today - in the middle of his shift. Hey! That's my move!

This weekend I'm going to see No Doubt and Paramore in vancouver. Pretty much the best July on record. Better than last July, that's for sure. I'm also trying to clarify a camping trip on the last weekend of this month, and that would be pretty sick to get going. I know of like 5 guys that want to go camping/hiking on the Juan De Fuca trail, and I can hopefully get at least a few to commit to the same sched. I was worried about numbers the last time I went camping, and wound up getting blown away by the turnout. Fingers crossed.

My trip to Whistler was pretty incredible last weekend, mostly because I just didn't do much in a place that I love. I mean, the three of us (my bro, his roommate Wes, and me) did a pile of little stuff, but it was super nice to chill in whistler. I got absolutely murdered at Scrabble, by like 150 points. Over a three game match I got a win in, but my soul was pretty crushed by the 330-180 score in game 1. Maybe the jagermeister was fucking with my breadth of vocabulary.

Tryouts start next wednesday, and I'm super nervous. I know I won't be making the picks on my own, but the president is throwing me under the bus a little bit with the structure of the tryouts. Everyone trying out for the Div1 team is in one tryout, and the rest of the players trying out for the other 3 teams - including the team I'm coaching - are lumped together in one tryout. Which is a little cramped. And of course I'm running the tryout on my own. I mean, I know it's a club (everything said and done is "for the club" it seems), but I feel really restricted in the creation of my team. Hopefully things go well, and hopefully this isn't foreshadowing into what could become a really frustrating situation.

Work tomorrow, No Doubt saturday, golf sunday, tryouts wednesday. Go go go. Wanna go golfing?

'What are you waiting for?
A certain shade of green?'

No comments: