Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Whatever Gets You Through The Night

Oh July.

I spent the last week in Victoria, at the lakes, and on the golf course. It wasn't too bad. I mean, It wasn't whistler, and it wasn't camping, and it wasn't Vancouver in a hotel. But life is awefully nice.

I keep hearing a funny sentiment from people. Noone seems to like the hot weather. Everyone wants to be out of the heat it seems like. This is kind of weird. One of the most common things I hear from Canadians is how much they enjoy summer. Out of season, everyone talks about how excited they are for the heat and the summer. And now it's summer, and finally, it's hot. It isn't that hot. It's 85 degrees. That's May in some places. I bet we'll have 2-3 weeks of 85 weather, and it'll start going down again.

I had an awesome time in the sun today. I soaked it up.

It was my Mom's 52nd birthday today. I had a great time with family and friends over steak and drinks tonight. It was super relaxed. I'm happy that my parents are as chill as they are. Life is really easy when I go over there.

Soccer tryouts continue tomorrow night, and I'm changing things up a little bit. I'm going to make examples of the fit guys, and punish the guys who aren't fit enough. Unfortunately for them, none of them are fit enough for me. So we're going to run.

I work a bunch this week, and housesit this weekend. I have soccer tryouts and a bachelor party on Friday night. I also have a wedding on Saturday (not connected to the stag), so it's going to be a fun and busy week.

'Don't worry, you will find the answer if you let it go
Give yourself some time to falter'

No comments: