Tuesday, August 12, 2008

So Damn Lucky

Another week.

Again, this summer is flying by at an amazing pace. So many fun things are happening in a short span of time, and I can't seem to have enough time to write about it all. I made bullets last entry on my week to come, and the week I had covered all that and much more.

My parents are away for the rest of this week, and I'm spending most of my nights here at their house. I'm writing this on my mom's laptop actually. With full cable, I've been watching a ton of Olympics. Which I'm totally stoked about. I really enjoyed watching swimming and men's gymnastics in the last few days. As much as track interests me, Michael Phelps' record is really intriguing to me. I am especially excited to see the sprint events on track (esp. the 100m, 400m, & 4x400m), and the remainder of Phelps' events.

I was in Qualicum for soccer last Thursday, and Jen and Amanda were out to watch my team beat the 2nd and 1st place team. Since I've joined my team, we've gone 6-1-1, going from 8th place to 2nd. I've scored 12 goals, and hope to score 15 when all is said and done. I remember a few years ago when I had aimed for 30 goals, and got there. I missed the first 2 weeks this year, and will miss the final night this coming thursday. The final league night is tomorrow night, with the final tournament going on thursday. Hopefully I can help bag a #1 seed for that.

I went to Port alberni this weekend for a wedding. I wound up staying over night on sproat lake with some friends. It was a really great time, and I was able to catch up with friends that I haven't spent time with in quite some time. Congrats to Heather for getting married. I was really proud of the way she and her Husband dealt with the usual wedding day stress, along with some unexpected things along the way.

Also this week I've had a bunch of other plans come my way to fill the gaps of my summer. I ran westwood in ~25 minutes yesterday, and was lucky enough to run into Blake at the finish line. I also played volleyball and hit the driving range yesterday. Today I met up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. We played soccer and badminton in the rain, and a got a poker game going over a few drinks this evening. I can't pretend to want to spend more time with everyone, because that's just not good time management. But I'd like to spend more time with Jean Claude.

This coming week gets even better. Tomorrow I've got my last night at soccer. Thursday I'm heading to Whistler by myself to meet up with my brother. Friday I head up to 100 mile house with Iain and Jodie (his pregnant gf). Saturday I'll be in Hunnert Mile for a friend of ours' wedding. I'm not overly thrilled to be going, but once I'm there I'm sure that'll all change. Sunday we head back to Whistler, where I'll head to Vancouver to grab Jen and drive back to Whistler. Monday we'll go white water rafting. Tuesday Jen and I will shop before heading back to the island, where I'll probably update next.

As far as everything is going so far this month, what I had hoped for when I headed for Alberta is being exceeded.

Thanks for reading guys. I really hope to update a little more often.

MW

'Everything's different
With my head in the clouds'

2 comments:

JT said...

I'd like you to spend more time with Jean Claude too.
You always have at least one good story to tell after hanging out with JC...

Mike Warren said...

haha yeah true enough. for some reason we gel like no other friend i have. i feel freer to be myself than with anyone else i hang out with, except maybe my cousin laura.