Saturday, October 4, 2008

Wheel

Busy few days. And the next few should be no less eventful.

Thursday night some friends decided to go out to Pipers pub on the other end of town. Some other friends of mine live near there, so after the pub I wandered over and hung out with JC. We had a few drinks and headed downtown, and got loser drunk. That term probably didn't originate from Saul, but his application of it towards me was spot on in this case.

Friday morning I woke up early and went to Vancouver with Landon. He had to pick up a raptor700 quad from some place over there, and wanted a buddy to tag along. The sushi restaurant on Hornby St was the highlight of the day for both of us. We had lots of tasty food, in a real trendy hole in the wall type place. I forget the name of the place, but I won't forget how to get there.

From lunch, we went to pick up the quad. It was a bit of a battle lifting the thing into the back of Landon's truck, but OMG what a beautiful machine. It is blue/white, and looks like this:

http://www.atvriders.com/images/yamaha/2007/2007raptor700rbluese600.jpg

Unfortunately, the guy who owns the quad, who sent it down to us in Van, forgot to send the key. Don't tease me bro. That put a bitter twist on the day for Landon.

We missed the 5 ferry, and I slept in the ferry line from around 4pm-7pm. We got home around 9:30pm last night, and somewhere along the way we decided to drink. We arrived home, and my roommates had aleady started drinking and were waiting to play music. So we played a little music, played a little catchup, and had a fairly decent go at it. Drinking two nights in a row is a little uncharacteristic for me, and I think my body hates me.

Moving on. I shipped a job interview at NR Fitness as a personal trainer. I'll be getting certified as I train and shadow someone at NR, and it'll be nice to overlap like that. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find employment until I finished my certification, and it sucks waiting on the mail for tests to arrive and be marked. So I'm really excited about this opportunity, and I love job interviews.

Tonight I'm going over to my parents house, mostly to watch game 3 of the cubs series. They lost their first two games, and it's do or die tonight. I haven't watched them play an entire game this year, and this is the most important one. Too bad it's in LA, and not home in Chicago. My favorite pitcher is throwing tonight, a guy named Rich Harden from victoria. So I'm really stoked for the game.

Jen is moving in the next few days, so when I'm not watching the cubs, I'll be helping her pack. Her new place is pretty cool and it's no farther or closer to her work, or to my house. The moving truck is booked for Monday, so it's just a matter of organization between now and then.

Monday I have a pretty busy day actually. On top of helping Jen move, I have training for the job I took at upcoming elections. It's a two hour thing in the middle of the day on Monday, then a 12 hour gig on election day. I can't forget, I also have to vote on Monday, because I won't be able to vote on election day.

Anyway, that's the long way around my weekend. Next weekend is going to be nice. Landon has the bird ready to rock, and we're going to potluck bigtime in Parksville. Also, Chris is coming home for the weekend from Ontario, so I'm hoping to hang out with him and ship 2+ thanksgiving dinners.

Take care.

'I'm on call, to be there.'

No comments: