Sunday, June 14, 2009

Famous Last Words

Shot wayy too high today at golf. Just when I thought my game was coming along. I was so optimistic and in a great mood, then I started my round off with two triples.

Couldn't have been that bad a Saturday though, right? Spending time in the sun with the boys? It was super hot out there today as well. It was pretty amusing being on the course and watching the guys seek out shade like they search the fridge for the last beer.

Last night was pretty epic. First BBQ of the season. And we degen'd pretty hard last night downtown. There were gaps in my night that were pretty funny to hear about today. I don't really need to go into detail. Not one of my prouder nights. Lots of fun though. I don't remember why, but I remember catching a cab home 6 blocks away from the club. Did we try to run home as far as we could to save cab fare? I don't get it.

Tomorrow I have a banquet with Nanaimo United. I need to seriously start discussing the coming season with the board members. If I'm coaching an important team in the club, I need to know quickly how much freedom I have to operate. It kind of sucks because I know the president has an agenda. He plans on having me coach a top flight team, yet plucking players away from me whenever he feels the need to. He won't need to wait long to find out how I feel about that. FUCK THAT - that's how I feel. Haha, look at me getting me protective of my boys already. His (the prez) idea is that I keep my players healthy, so when other (less important) teams need guys, he just takes them from my team. That's kind of strange to me. I guess I need to learn how a club works.

Anyway, still on soccer, this is what I have to maintain in my first year of coaching in the U21 graduate league:

Last season's stats
Wins: 15
Losses: 0
Ties: 1
Goals For: 54
Goals Against: 2
Goal Rating: 27.00
Team with the next highest rating: Cowichan U21 (3.21)

That's it. Tomorrow I keep on rolling with the summer that has been amazing so far.

'This train don't stop there anymore'

No comments: