Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Piglet's Lament

Ahh yes. A lament. Seems the time of year when I hear a lot of laments. So I decided to hear Piglet's. I think that if you have your own laments, you can gain some perspective and/or insight from listening to others. Anyways, Piglet.

So Piglet is mourning, and I'm doing my best to listen. He's too small he says, and I'm too respectful to interject and point out that his friend Roo is actually smaller. He goes on in his squeaky voice. Apparently too many people don't take him seriously, but he's too timid to take a stand for himself.

I reassure him that size has no bearing on will, which he has in spades. Humble as always, Piglet continues to try to find faults in himself. Of course, Piglet has a friend who laments much more. Eeyore spends most of his time moping around and sympathizing for his own 'bothersome' situation.

After listening to Piglet, and considering Eeyore's case, I come to my own conclusion. And I'm keeping it to myself.

'Now I'm getting that sick taste in my mouth'

No comments: