Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Do What You Have To

The night before the day.

I travel back to camp tomorrow after a few days off. I feel like I didn't get a chance to fully relax and unwind, being that I was away from home, without friends, etc. In a way I'm very excited to be going back to camp. If I'm going to be away from home, I better be making money. That being said, it was nice to sleep without an alarm.

Seven hours on the road tomorrow, and it'll be me, my ipod, and a bag of candy I'm hoping.

I don't have much to report I guess. My weekend and my Canada Day were both fairly/very uneventful.

I'm going to be in camp until July 27th or so. That may be extended as long as August 1, but no later I don't think. Nabors' policy is that we only go 24 days without a day off, but my tool push may extend that a few days. After that I will be ready to come I think.

Well this is my last night to sleep in, so I want to get to it. I'm generally happy now that I'm set. Two months ago I was really skeptical about being here. In a month I'll look back and find that this was successful in the ways that I wanted it to be successful in. It builds my confidence to know that I can go into a different environment and make things work. I won't discount the good bounces along the way, but there were bad ones that kept the overall thing pretty balanced.

Off I go. It's the Tour De France and text messaging that's going to keep me going for the next month.

'Down to the wire
I wanted water but
I'll walk through the fire
If this is what it takes
To take me even higher
Then I'll come through
Like I do
When the world keeps
Testing me, testing me,testing me'

No comments: