Sunday, July 27, 2008

Feel Good Hit Of The Summer

Ahh. Life is good.

I went kayaking with my dad on friday. We went around Newcastle Island, and it was a pretty nice day. The water was pretty calm on one side, but on the open ocean side it was pretty choppy, especially when the ferry's wake hit us. We stopped for lunch on Newcastle, then came back through the harbour, weaving between the hundreds of anchored boats on the water. I like being out on the water, and it's been a while since I've been out on a small boat.

Yesterday I hung out with a few friends around the house here, then went to a bbq at a friend of a friend of a friend's house. Really. It was good though, ate, drank, and played some Wii. I bailed early so I could go out on the town with Jeremy before he leaves back for Alberta. I got home and was just heading out the door when I realized that I'd left my wallet (with cash and I.D.) at the bbq. So I'm an idiot, and I couldn't go out. So I turned on Star Wars and passed out to that. Good times with light sabers.

Today I did some yard work before the rain rendered weedwacking pretty useless. I started looking into the BCRPA and what it's going to take to get registered as a personal trainer. Since I have educational experience, I can challenge the exam outright. I have to choose whether I want to take the regular or advanced test. I may as well do the advanced. I took two practice exams, and scored 75% on both. I need 70% to pass. But I need to get reacquainted with the material all the same.

This week coming up is looking pretty good already. I'm going to take a day or two to spend on the lake or river. I'd like to look further into the personal training thing, maybe even book an appointment with a gym or two to get some non-internet information. Thursday I've got soccer, and I'm hoping to run at least once before then. If I do a lake day at westwood, I can squeeze that in fairly easily. I was thinking I'd also like to golf this week, so I'll try and do that wednesday or friday, hopefully with my dad.

Sounds pretty cushy huh? I'm really happy to be able to spend some time off after getting my degree. I almost feel like I don't deserve it. Oh well. I'll continue to have a very laid back and enjoyable summer, whether I deserve it or not.

Hope you had a good weekend, and thanks for reading.

'Somehow everything's gonna fall right into place'

No comments: