Thursday, July 17, 2008

Feels Like Summer Again

I came back to BC earlier than I thought.

I was supposed to be off work between the 26-30th of july. Instead there was a scheduling conflict between my company and our employer, Husky Energy. I was sent home yesterday, and I'm supposed to go back on the 22nd, to work until the 26th, then come home again until August 11th. I have little profit to make if I fly back and forth, and buy new equipment that I need for those few days. So I think, and I have to give this more thought, that I'm done with Nabors. The plan was to go until the end of July, so this isn't falling too far short.

I got home yesterday afternoon, after driving 7 hours from Fort Mackay to Edmonton, sleeping in Edmonton International tuesday night, and flying into Vancouver in the morning. I slept most of the day yesterday, and today was amazing to have no alarm to wake up to.

I'd talk more about work, leaving work, and the ups and downs, but I'm really ready to move forward. The last thing I want to say about my experience in Alberta this summer, and I'll try and stick to that, is that I'm happy with how I worked, how I acted, and how much I learned about everything. I'm unhappy with my experience up there, about the amount of money I made, and the frustration resulting from simple managerial incompetence at every level. I'll say no more.

I'm really looking forward to seeing movies, running westwood lake again, being with my friends and family, and basically just being home. The first thing I did when I got home, after I discovered my internet wasn't working, was pick up my bass. I missed that sucker, and catch up time is on the way.

Tonight I'm going to summer soccer in qualicum, tomorrow hopefully I'll get to 'the dark knight', and this weekend will be an actual weekend! Wow.

Hope you're having a good summer so far. Thanks for reading.

'What's time but a thing to kill or keep or buy or lose or live in?'

No comments: