Thursday, May 28, 2009

High Speed

I laid in the sun today and suntanned with a book. Need anymore evidence? I had a good day.

I have a good balance of work and play again. It was a good week for work, and the next two look as good or better. I'm flooring again now that Jeff is back in business. I'm bartending lots this week with a week long conference at the VICC. And I might pick up a shift for the city. After getting hired on last week, some excitement really sank in. I may very well be able to get a long term position with the city. I've never had any kind of real stability with any job I've held. Kind of a weird sense of security.

So I'm booking up weekends for my summer, and it's going to be busy as hell. I've got trips to make, shifts at work to promise, and weddings to go to. I want to repeat a lot of things from last summer, which is kind of weird. I like going random new places in the summer. Maybe some old favorites are just too good to pass up. I'm definitely going to Washington in september again, and I'm definitely going to whistler again in july or august. Going back to the Gorge for my birthday on Labour day long weekend is going to be the nut.

That's all long-ish term plans. My plans for this weekend are all about relaxing. I want to get my book done tomorrow or the next day in the sun. Tomorrow night is going to be all about good times. Try and get some unpacking and some bass playing in sometime in the next few.

I need some new music. I'm wearing out my stuff pretty quick here and need some ideas. What do you think?

'There's a car waiting, to take me to something'

No comments: