Sunday, May 31, 2009

Imitation Of Life

I got home from work in a mood.

So I sat at my computer like I usually do and put on my music. I started at the 32's tonight. I have a list of songs sorted on how many times I've played them. So I started with the songs I've played 32 times. I was just going to surf the net and zone out, and this R.E.M. song came on.

Now, I feel like writing, and I feel like listening to a pile of R.E.M. It was a totally weird transition. I just stopped what I was doing, and opened solitaire - it's what I do when all I want to do is listen to music.

Something about R.E.M., I don't really get it. It isn't music I really like, but I just get super hooked on a half dozen songs of theirs. I'm glad no ones home to bitch about the loud music.

Anyway, I just conquered solitaire vegas in like 2 tries, so I put that down, and picked this up.

I had a great weekend. My week is super busy ahead of me. I want to really bank this month so I can get off to a great July. So far I'm planning on going to whistler July 8-13, and seeing No Doubt and Paramore on the 18th.

I feel so ADHD right now. The words haven't glued to this page so fast in 6 months. I feel like I could yammer on for eternity.

I won't. Have a good week, and thanks for reading.

Oh wait. Couple shout outs. Congrats to Jen, for banking a sweet raise. Not a bad time of year at all for it. Also big ups to my boy Blake. Great dinner last Friday, and a big happy birthday his way. He's a pretty cool kid.

Lata.

'This lightning storm, this tidal wave, this avalanche, I'm not afraid'

No comments: