Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Big Egos

It's been a few days since I posted. It's also been a few days since I have been online. Normally when I don't use internet for a few days, It's because I'm away or something. It's weird having normal days, and not being on my computer at all. How far have I come to rely so heavily on a computer? I obviously don't as much as I think, because in reality, it wasn't that weird.

Anyway, party at my house this weekend. Sigh. I guess at least it's an excuse to get the house clean. And in many cases, it's the only time I get to see a lot of friends. It's on valentines day, although I don't know what that means. I have a soccer game Saturday night, and hopefully we can bang out a win, then drink (excessively) to it.

Not much else is new. Tilting that balance between work and play more to the work side.

My brother is coming to town this weekend, and there's a baby shower on Sunday. My parents are so excited to host like 30 people at their house. Go mom.

I tried downloading and watching a few different tv shows (the wire, entourage, the office, etc.), and I just don't like tv. I guess that's good. I'm really happy that I have thursdays where I can go "OMG, it's thursday, I have soccer practice tonight" rather than "OMG, it's monday, Gossip Girl is going to be so good tonight." You know? I mean, all for routines, but the evening 1hr trendy tv show phenomenon strikes me as somewhere I never want to be.

Well, there it is. Another week is flying by. Where are the days/weeks/months going? I need to be in a place (figurative, maybe literal too) by the time school ends for my roommates. They are not sticking around, and I need to have a set of things figured out by then. Maybe I'll make that list soon.

One of my favorite lines in any song is about time. It's in a song by bad religion, who can hardly be credited with insightful song writing. Oh well.

'What's time but a thing to kill or keep or buy or lose or live in?
I gotta go faster'

No comments: