Friday, February 6, 2009

The Stone

Ahhh Friday.

I'm pretty happy with how my week went, although I could have worked a little harder. Oh well.

I want to mention that Courtlan is leaving town again, possibly for 4-6 months. I haven't hung out with him as much as the last few months. Although we've been friends since high school, I never really got to know him until a little while ago. Anyway, he's off again to go fishing, and things are going to be a little different around here without him. Obviously, as we probably hang out 5 days a week.

Speaking of things changing, I had an interesting soccer practice last night. It was indoor, and we practiced with the U-21's. I played against 18-20 year old's for a few hours, and basically got taken to school. It was honestly a little depressing. I used to be that guy. I realize that I'm not that far removed, but I am removed, and now I'm one of those guys that I used to enjoy playing against. I mean, over two hours, I took my chances well. I just was in marvel of the skill level of the younger guys, and I couldn't help thinking, "that was me not so long ago". Oh well. I'm not a real big dweller. I get back to it on Sunday, and I'm excited about it.

Work, play, work, play. I can't say I have the best balance right now, but it isn't bad.

Have a good weekend if you have one.

'Don't say it doesn't matter - matter anymore.'

1 comment:

jazmynthirteen said...

at least it's some sort of balance