Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fool In The Rain

Ahh April.

I have plans for like the next 4 days, which is really good for me these days. Normally I wake up and don't know where my afternoon is gonna take me. I work lots in the next few days, and I start house-sitting on Sunday for like 8 days.

Oh! I re-discovered my bass guitar. I had put it down for most of march. The boys were pretty busy with school since spring break, and we haven't practiced more than a few times. Anyway, I started listening to some really hard, bass-heavy rock, and I was really stoked to learn a bunch of it on bass. And now I can't get over 'The Mars Volta' and how cool their bass is in some songs. I try to act like a guitar god sometimes when nobody's home. I crank it up, and just rock out. And then I always laugh at myself, 'cause that's just silly.

So I had soft hands again after not playing bass for a month. Now my hands are thrashed, and my fingers throb. It's really weird that I can't develop long term callouses. Oh well. I think if there is one characteristic about me that doesn't suit my life in the least, it's my stupid soft hands.

My stream of consciousness is everywhere these days. If I just jump everywhere when I blog, it's because my typing can't keep up with my brain.

I was a fool in the rain this week. I'm not going to say why. But I was. Then I was searching for a description in my head while I was walking today, and Led Zeppelin randomly came on my ipod. There it is. That's what I was the other day. A fool in the rain. That piano never made so much sense.

I don't really have much more to say. There's lots more going on, but my head is swirling like it usually is. I can't process anything worth writing about.

So have a good weekend. If it's sunny for you, then shine on. If it's raining, then cheer up, or enjoy being a fool in the rain.

'Now I will stand in the rain'

No comments: