Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

A few things.

First, I got a ton done today, which I'm really happy about. I cranked off 7 pages for a paper, and wrote two midterms. I am officially ready to rock this semester. I've been going pretty solid for about 15 hours, and this is a nice break.

Secondly, this song. For a long time I have been in love with the title of this song, but was never able to get it or listen to it. Which is really weird for me. So I finally got it, and I was in love with it before it started playing. By the time it ended, I still was. I thought of this song randomly, and the connection of the song's meaning to me is ironic as it gets.

This song is somewhat about being trapped in a sanitarium. Even the instrumentation symbolizes time ticking away slowly.

The irony lies in my monday. After I got three cavities done, I was high as shit from the Ativan. I did a number of things yesterday that I don't remember clearly, or at all. The type of stuff that'll get you locked in an asylum, or sanitarium. Weird. I didn't make the connection to the song right away, in fact I had no idea what the song was about when I got it.

I just like coming home.

'I started fucking running as soon as my feet touched ground'

No comments: