Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm Goin' Home

Yay poker.

I got together with a few friends last night and played some cards. We were waiting a few hours for our fifth to show up, so the four of us played different types of poker while we waited. It was a really fun time. We played chinese poker, guts, jacks or better, badugi, and low mexican. We each had to introduce a new game to the others, and I brought along chinese and badugi.

We settled into the hockey game, and our fifth showed up around 8pm. We played a really long five handed game until 11pm or so when guys started busting. It was only a 10$ buyin, but we were nonetheless serious. I was in last place most of the night, but I rallied and took the whole thing down. I won the 40$ or whatever, and minus pizza fees, I think I cleared around 30$. Haha. Oh well, it's better than coming out a loser, and I had a good time.

That's basically the only thing of note to mention. Jen is off in Clagary for the weekend. That's more of her story than mine. But I have a car for the weekend. Which is nice, although I'm probably going to leave it parked outside for 99% of the time anyway.

The Lions won, the Canucks won, and Luongo is on a streak to put it mildly. I think he gets the record of most shutout minutes midway through the first period of the next game. Also going on, the final table of the world series of poker main event is today after the tourney was paused for 117 days. What else? Umm, not much I guess.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Oh yeah. I guess there is one more thing. I'm a gamer. I got Fable II, which probably wasn't a good idea for Jeremy and my time management. But it's really fun, and a little bit addicting. So don't get it.

'But did you hear me
Scream at the top of my lungs?'

No comments: