Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fly Or Die

Back in town.

I blinked, and the last 4 days flew by.

Saturday I went downtown to see Randy Bachman with my mom. It was really awesome. The venue was perfect for his type of performance. My mom and I had a really good time. My dad was too sick to go, which kind of sucked. After the show I went home to the party I was co-hosting. It was a pretty quiet showing, but we did manage to finish both 50L kegs that we got. I wasn't around in the morning to hear the stories, but I was pretty messed, and I was in good shape in comparison to some. Of all the parties I've hosted, there were more randoms at this one than ever before. Everyone was pretty cool though, which was both surprising and refreshing. We partied hard.

Sunday morning I got up to Whistler with Jen. It was actually cheaper to drive up than it was to take the bus. Which was totally clutch. We wanted to be mobile when we were there anyway. So we got up and I met my new nephew, Lochlun. Sweet kid.

Monday/today we didn't get up to much in Whistler. We stayed with Jody's (Lochlun's mom) parents, and spent most of our down time with Loch. Three people in the house were really sick with some bug from the hospital, so I got out to the village with Jen and Jody. We spent nothing, and did nothing, but it was a blast. The village is too amazing. Then we took care of the sickies, and snuggled Loch. That was a recurring theme.

We came home this afternoon. Not much to say about that.

Now I'm housesitting for Trellis (co-worker of my mom) for a few weeks. She has three cats, and I'm probably going to go crazy. There's a computer, a decent amount of food, and the cats won't let me be bored. So it won't be that bad.

I have my first C.C. shift of the year tomorrow. Thank god.

So yeah. I'm happy to be home. Happy to have spent some quality with my nephew. I'm sort of re-defining what uncle means. I wasn't cognizant of uncles until I was probably 10. So I have to get that image of 'uncle' out of my head. Kind of weird.

'And we'll all float on...'

No comments: