Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sheep

Oh Saturday.

I had a really good one. Better than last saturday even.

I went out behind Doumont with Landon, JC and Court and went quadding all day. I had never been. It was cold, wet, and the terrain was either snow or mud. Add a couple quads and you have a recipe for a bitter, miserable time. Or not. We had a blast. I haven't thrown that many snowballs in a really long time.

I was the only guy who had never driven a quad, and for that matter I've never driven any open air vehicle other than a mountain bike. So I had no idea. As I got on the quad, I felt like I was being truly scutinized. I'm thinking, if I stall the quad here, my manhood is going to be called into question. Which wasn't far fetched, as we were talking about that exact thing only moments before I got on. I got lucky. Clutch, shift, throttle, go. I went.

Last night was another typical night with the guys. We got together at Court's and made a really good dinner and hung out over (too many?) drinks. While typical, it didn't take away from how fun it was. I bowled 212 on the wii. That's my brag. 212. I'm only bragging about this because 212 is at least 100% higher than my average score. I'm normally just terrible.

Other than that, not much is new. My brother and his fiancee are due for their firstborn on January 2nd, and it's now 9 days late. How normal is that? I was a week late. I'm getting a little antsy about it, and I'm sure Iain is too.

I've been on a Pink Floyd kick for a few weeks now. It's all I'm listening to right now. I can't really explain it. I always play 'Sheep' and 'Sorrow' first.

'The grass was greener'

No comments: