Thursday, May 15, 2008

...But Home Is Nowhere

Back in Edmonton.

I spent a few days up North doing orientation for Nabors, and it wasn't the greatest situation. I didn't have permanent accomadation, or transportation to and from work. So during orientation I asked about being transferred to another branch. When we finished yesterday, the HR rep did some legwork for me, and I'm working for Leduc Nabors now. Nice and close to Edm., and I start tomorrow.

I bussed home today, and had the pleasure of experiencing Edmonton public transit on a weekday evening. It wasn't pretty, as around half the busses stop running at 6pm. I'm not staying close to a large transit center, so I wound up walking 35 mins with all my gear. Which was completely fine.

The weather jumped more than 10 degrees in the last 24 hours, in both Grande Prairie and Edmonton. It was like 27 degrees when I got off the bus this afternoon between the two places. Summer seriously came on overnight.

Other than that, nothing is really new. I'm in an empty house, but I have the essentials - Ipod, internet, accom., food; as well as some bonuses - truck, guitar.

Tomorrow I start, and I'll be doing shop work until the rigs start ramping up. So I'll have the lamest 3 day weekend in history.

'Whenever I look back on the best days of my life, I think I saw them all on T.V.'

No comments: