Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nutshell

Busy couple of days.

I started at my new job yesterday, and although it's a short term thing, I like it. I'm working long and hard, and I'm not used to it, but my body always adapts fast to that sort of thing. Today I learned how to use a few different bobcats, and I really enjoyed working with them. Yesterday was my first day, and the first thing I found out was that it was a mormon company, and 2/3's of the employees are mormon. Not that it matters at all to me, I just didn't really understand anything about mormonism, but now i really do. Gosh, it's so freaking cool.

Other than that, not much of anything is new. I work 8am to 6pm, so I basically eat and crash after that.

Tomorrow at lunch I'm gonna track down some of the recruiters who gave me their card early last week. I need the oil companies to know that I'm still interested in work. It seems like employment is different in Alberta than in BC. In BC, you wait on the employer to give you the job. in Alberta it seems like you have the job, any job if you want it, the employers just wait for you to take the job. I had a few interviews, and in none of the interviews was there a doubt that I couldn't have the job if I wanted it. It was like they were trying to convince me to take the job.

Anyway, I'm really happy that I've started work. A few other important loose ends also got stitched up. I can finally start building a bankroll, instead of sinking it.

'It's only a matter of time. Before we all burn.'

No comments: