Friday, May 9, 2008

Cold Day In The Sun

YES!!!!

I scored the job I came up here for. A month or so ago (or what feels like it anyway) I posted a job that I'd seen online and wanted. Today I got that job. Monday I bus from Edmonton back west to Grand Prairie for training which starts Tuesday.

Other than that, I guess a few things of note happened today. I got really good on the bigger bobcat at work, only to call the manager to quit tonight after I took the G.P. job.

Of the three days I worked at this landscaping job, I worked with 4 different people, and each were genuinely nice people who were smart and sharp. It was so refreshing to meet people like that at work. Wednesday three of us sang in the truck on the way home from work. Today three of us (different guys) danced in the truck the whole way home from work. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I'm convinced that there are many differences between here and B.C., and some things are better in Alberta. Many things aren't, but a few things are.

Tomorrow I'm going in to chat with my landscaping manager, pick up my stuff, and hopefully get paid. From there I'm going to start getting my stuff together for Grand Prairie. I want to be as organized as I can be before I go, because I know Edmonton much better than I know Grand Prairie.

Have a good weekend.

'
You told me about nowhere, well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go'

No comments: