Friday, May 16, 2008

Stay (Wasting Time)

Holy hot day.

I got all my gear together for work, and if this weather keeps up it's gonna be pretty hot with all of it on. Next Monday I'm heading down to Red Deer for a week long training camp. The hotel is booked, and it's basically go time come monday.

Now I have to figure out what to do until then. I have a warm weekend to spend by myself, with no money to spend, and no friends to visit. I'm trying to keep myself busy to keep from going crazy. It's worked so far.

Here's what I have in mind for the weekend. I want to keep things fairly varied so I don't get too monotonous.

¤ Get out of the house with my camera, and find somewhere to walk.

¤ Download some new music.

¤ Keep practicing on the acoustic guitar with both strumming and finger picking. I might try to write some music as well.

¤ Watch some south park. Time seems to go by quicker when I'm watching t.v., so if if I get really bored...

¤ Play online poker. I always have a good time doing that.

It seems like a horrible weekend to spend inside. The reality is, I have nothing to do and nowhere to go outside. I have no destinations in mind, and there aren't any that would probably be too appealing. Plus, the sun has been so hot that it gets pretty uncomfortable outside.

Until I start making good money, I am going to continue to ask myself the same question I keep going back to. 'Why oh why did I come here?' I keep pressuring myself into a certain time frame, when really I don't, as I'm not going back to school next year.

I've resorted to hitting random on my Ipod, I guess I kind of feel that way.

Thanks for reading. If you're following along at all with the updates I post, please facebook me, comment, or email me. This is way too one-way for me, and I'm dying to know what you're doing.

'It's not the stones inside my shoes
It's not the risk of what's to lose'

No comments: