Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just Like The Day

What weather!

Oh man, it feels like summer again. I was out with a few friends today playing tennis. It was really nice to get outside, as I spent the entire weekend indoors. I played a few sets of doubles, and it was good to know that my tennis skills never really left. They were never solid, but I've always been decent at racquet sports. I think now that I've played a decent amount of squash, I can say that I prefer squash over tennis, and probably over badminton as well. I can hit the ball harder, and I can run harder in squash. I can't really whack the shit outta the ball and keep control in tennis, nor is it a good workout when you're playing doubles. That aside, I had a great time with friends out there.

I helped Jen move Sunday and Monday, and she's got it done for the most part. A few odds and ends need to be moved still, but it's not an issue. I'm really happy that it's over, and I'm glad the move went smoothly.

Yesterday I did training for my job that I took at the election. My position is the poll clerk. I bet nobody else at my training session was less than twice my age. I was the only person under 50 I'm pretty sure. Anyway, I voted yesterday for the liberals. Yeah, I'm gonna share that. Now Blake can grill me.

Speaking of elections, the US presidential debate is coming up at 6pm. Saul and I are going to make popcorn and watch it together. Which is nice, because he doesn't like popcorn. I'm so ready to pick kernels out of my teeth while dissecting McCain's stance on the economy. Bristol ftw.

Midweek woot. Enjoy the rest.

'And I want to play til they're kicking down the door '

1 comment:

Liquid_Quik said...

voting for the liberal party in nanaimo is like putting a papercut on your penis on purpose: its a dumb thing to do, it hurts after, and you're reminded of it for weeks while you try to have sex.

Think on that.