Sunday, October 26, 2008

One More Pill

Almost Halloween! Woooo.

I don't really like Halloween actually. I'm not doing anything so far, and I'll probably just hang out at home.

I played in a live poker game last night. It's been a long long time since I've done that. I played fairly well, and got fairly lucky over the course of the night. There were 14 people, and I only knew Blake. It was a friendly and fairly amateur game, so no one took things too seriously. It's so much more fun when you don't hate the arrogant guy across the table.

After cards I went downtown with a pile of friends that had been congregating at my house. The girls cabbed, while the rest of us walked down to the old city. It was a decent night, nothing spectacular. I imagine if I had drank as much as my friends, it would have been better. Oh well.

So I'm going to be down a roommate in a month. Saul is moving out of the house, and leaving indefinitely for Europe. It is definitely going to be a little different around here. Me and Jer are much more introverted than Saul, and it is going to be much quieter around the house. I don't mean to say he's loud, but let's just say his milkshake brings all the girls to the yard.

It's been a pretty fun ride living with Saul. From my experience, quality roommates are a valuable commodity, and hard to find in many cases. Saul and I have lived together now for 50 months. It'll just be one more.

'What a fool I'd be to start complaining now'

No comments: