Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Off By 50

Half century mark of entries. In my head I do all sorts of calculations, like how many days it's been since I started, and what that averages out to (days per entry). I loooove stats, which is kind of sick sometimes. Maybe that comes with being so into sports. Nobody likes baseball and doesn't like stats. Seriously. If you aren't interested in stats, I bet baseball bores you to death.

Anywayyyys, I started my synthesis of 'The Tao Of Pooh', and surpringly whipped off almost 2 pages in no time. Then I remembered, what's a paper without a quote? My favorite part! So I went searching for Pooh quotes, and there were some goodies. So here:

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"”

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”

“When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.”

“"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called”

“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

“When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.”

“"That buzzing-noise means something. If there's a buzzing noise, somebody's making a buzzing-noise, and the only reason for making a buzzing-noise that I know of is because you're a bee...
And the only reason for being a bee that I know of is making honey...
And the only reason for making honey is so as I can eat it." So he began to climb the tree.”


I have indoor soccer tonight, and hopefully we'll light it up again...

Later

'Chain me to your tree'

No comments: