Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Chaos Engine

I could have written a book, but this is plenty long.

January 07
I had just gotten a new electric bass for christmas, and I was pretty keen to learn on it. I was starting a busy semester with my practicum in Port Alberni in a great class. I started training for the vancouver marathon, which would be in may.

February 07
School in full swing, and I was training hard for the marathon with a running club. At an indoor soccer game late in the month I sprained my ankle so bad I wouldn't be able to recover in time for the marathon. In fact, I still don't have full strength back in my foot.

March 07
Two days after I sprained my ankle, it was still taking me half a day each day to walk normally. I decided to go to whistler for spring break anyway, and learn to snowboard. It was amazing, but my goddamn ankle...
I was part of a band that sort of played around my house. We were all going to school, and it became a pretty good part of the semester

April 07
Exams, and more importantly, preparing for my 3 week practicum. Arlene and I both were stressed for about two months over this three week block of our lives. After submitting, revising, and resubmitting my plan, I got the go ahead to start my practicum at the end of April.

May 07
Band had disbanded (ha), and we were basically done for the summer as Landon had gone home. This month was pretty depressing for me. I was really aggravated about my practicum, and when I quit halfway through, it took a while to get over. I dropped the program I was taking in school, and started looking for work for the summer.

June 07
The guy I normally work for didn't have any work, so I instead got a FT job without much effort at mr. lube, changing oil. It worked, and it lasted the month before my original employer called with work. Me and Arlene broke up late in the month, and I think that was best. Summer would eventually become a strange time as I was in transition in many ways.

July 07
A good month, after 3 bad ones. I went to Toronto for Chris' wedding, and it was nice to get away. I came back and worked some, played some more. Met some new friends playing beach volleyball, which was awesome. Summer soccer had started as well, and I loved my team.

August 07
Again I worked some, but most of the time I didn't. Again, it was a strange summer. I was started to see a huge improvement on my bass, which motivated me further. My summer soccer team won the year end tournament, and I was starting to train with the malaspina mariners. I went to whistler to see my bro, and went white water rafting, which was amazing.

September 07
School started, and it was neat to be doing a program I was passionate about again. Varsity soccer started and my last year was shaping up to be a good one. Rookie night was at my house, and it set in motion a fun few months. I don't remember what I did for my birthday, but I turned 23.

October 07
School soccer ended without any accomplishments to show, but it was a great time. I was enjoying school and my classes. Our band was reunited with the restart of school, and we had some new stuff we were working on. The direction of the band was still hazy at this point, but we did settle on 'harlot' as a name, which we have yet to use once.

November 07
Pretty boring month I think. I blogged lots, did lots of homework, and played a lot of poker. Had a few snow days towards the end of the month, but that actually was a bad thing. Pushed back deadlines + numerous assignments due + mikes procrastination = long nights.

December 07
Final exams went well, and it was nice to have a break. Saul and I were going to the gym fairly regularly, and I hope to continue that in the new year. When saul left for mexico, he left a pretty quiet house, and I reveled in the serenity that was mid-december. Christmas at home with my parents came and went, and overall it was a happy time. We were all happy to be there, it just wasn''t always apparent. New years came and went.

'My theory isn't perfect but it's close'

No comments: