Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Road And The Damned

We had a snow day on tuesday, and almost had another today. I'm sitting in the library writing this, so unfortunately it didn't work out.

I went to a pub last night with some friends, something I don't normally do. Usually I need a motive for being social, but we just hung out. I had an alright time, it was just busy. It started snowing at some point, and then it started sticking pretty good. After an impromptu snowball fight at the end, me and Saul set off in his car. Which blows in the snow. We wound up making it 2 blocks and stopping in a mall parking lot, where we called and waited for a ride from Jer. We had to kill time in a rear wheel drive sports car in a parking lot covered in snow. Seems cliched! No we made some sick donuts, and the best was 2 donuts side by side, with an elongated section outwards. Very phallic. I had never made a 60 foot snow cock before, and it's too bad my cell pictures didn't do it justice.

Late last night I predicted that the roads would be clear and school would be on, a feeling not shared by my roommates. Made for kind of a grouchy morning I think. I actually don't have class until 10 this morning, but got up at 7 to check the school status. I decided to shower and walk to school with Saul, since he had an 830, and had no car. Turns out he wasn't planning on walking, he would have called a cab. I could have slept another 2 hours and gone to school with Jer, but it worked out. Wound up getting a ride from Landon to school, and here I sit.

I really like online poker, and I'm finding myself still playing a little, and watching other people too. Which is a complete waste of time, but I enjoy it so whatever. I actually am exercising fairly regularly now, so I can justify some balance.

If I want to train early for the marathon, I need alternative methods to running in the snow. I was on the treadmill yesterday, and I also played squash. I have a swimming class, but I'm having a major problem with it. I need the credit to grad, and I have no alternative. It's really screwing me up though, because it isn't at the pool I thought it was, and I can't get there on foot. I'll have to see if I can carpool with someone. Pretty lousy in my opinion (IMO from now on...).

If you're looking for a new old music choice, 'dizzy up the girl', and just 'let your dim lights shine'.

'Comin' down the world turned over'

No comments: