Monday, January 14, 2008

To Forgive

Twice in one day!

Which is weird, but 4 hours and a lot has happened. I played squash with saul and blake, then had a great workout with blake. We're going to try and set days to get in shape together. It's amazing what another person can do for motivation.

I had lunch with blake and gary, and then hit up the library. I have a routine of checking three other blog sites as part of my email/facebook routine. I read blogs of poker players, and it might be so interesting because they have so much money, and as much time as they want. That might be why I get so into it, but I can't really explain it.

So here I sit in the library, basking in my veteran-status as I wave or nod to every second person that walks by. Then I found a long lost b-side that I had never heard or paid attention to before. 'To Forgive' from the 'Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness' album. Its a gem, and I know that because one listen has me hooked. Give it a try.

Off to the a lecture on the holocaust. Mondays spark a weird side of my intellect. Spirituality class and the holocaust don't really teach me a lot, but both envoke some serious thought and insight. It's really nice to have that flip side of school. In class this morning, I had to elaborate on what I personally wanted to get out of the course. Which I didn't know the answer to. So as it neared my turn, I was thinking hard rather than listen to the answers of others. What do I want from a class on spirituality when I don't even believe in anything?

"I grew up being very critical of the catholic church, and eventually of religion in general. It gave me more questions than answers. I want this course to give me some answers." There. And I said that.

Late...

'I forget to forget nothing is important'

No comments: