Monday, March 17, 2008

Born Losers

I had a weekend.

Friday I did homework, housework, and slept. Saturday I tried really hard to get stuff done, and wound up not doing enough. I needed to get stuff done on Saturday because I had written Sunday off in advance.

Yesterday I was invited to come play in an outdoor soccer tournament. I was told that our team wouldn't be very good, but it would be fun anyway. I was pretty stoked at getting out and meeting people, playing soccer, and just being active in general. And I was physically unprepared for the amount of soccer I would play.

We had enough players to field a team, but we had no subs, and it was a pretty big field for 5-a-side. We played 30 minute games, and after the first half of the first game I needed a sub bad. I haven't been really active in the last month or two with schoolwork, dental work, and laziness. We wound up playing seven games, which is the equivalent of more than 2 full soccer games. 

We wound up having a better go at it than most other teams. We were part varsity soccer players, part varsity volleyball players. But we weren't that good. We did well because we didn't get on each other for screwing up. It seemed like we were the only team not there to win. In another game there was a fight, which is pretty crazy at a rec. event. In the end we wound up getting t-shirts and stuff. 

Across town I missed a softball tournament that I was also invited to. I really think that the campus rec. people put on a good tournament, and the education contingent could take a few notes. We had a pretty extensive lunch put on, huge prizes, and refs and organizers everywhere. It was pretty cool. I played in the education softball tournament last year, and it was more of a 'create your own good time', which was fine.

Anyway, I'm on the grind. This week is tough, and next week is sick. There's no way next weekend will be this good.

'Zeros, ones and tildes'

No comments: