Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Busted Stuff

I saw the end of an era tonight.

After my busy day at school, which came after my busy night in front of my computer, I did something enjoyable. And I didn't think it was going to be enjoyable. I went to my athletic banquet, which I haven't really enjoyed in a few years. I enjoyed it not because I actually won a few awards for the first time ever, I think it was more to do with the teammates I was there with. Although only 9 of us showed up, it was nice to spend time with the guys I like, even if it's just one more (/last) time.

After the dinner and awards thing, a bunch of us piled over to some lame-o club (spice) that I'd never been too, and hadn't planned on going to. Inside were a bunch of people from the same program as me. As more people showed up and the place filled up, I realized how many people I knew. While there must have been like 300+ people, I would say I knew 80% of them. It was really strange, and then I started thinking about how many of them I would never see again. It was kind of a weird feeling, but at the same time I recognized it and managed to have a great time.

Home time was kind of tough, but I had a better time than I've had in a long time, so at least I can sleep knowing I went out with a good time.

A bunch of friends were dancing, and I don't really like that sort of thing unless I'm drinking, so I eventually decided to drink, although by this time it was still only like 11pm. By 1230 a good friend of mine and I decided to give it a whirl out on the dancefloor with friends. Given that hour and a half to get the state of mind/ balls to get out there and look silly, I had a good time.

I really wanted to have a good time, and I did. The whole 'no regerets' motto is kind of cheese to me, but I made it happen.

I hope this hangover doesn't come. Pleeeeeease one time.

'I can't change what I am right now/ but I'll be fine in the next life

No comments: