Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Roll With It

Still unemployed.

There is so much work up here, yet I didn't get a job today. In a few weeks the majority of the rigs will be starting up again and I'll be getting a call. Tomorrow I'll find a job to do in the meantime, hopefully something like landscaping or general labour of some sort.

None of the three of us have found work yet, but the other two don't seem to mind. Today was my first day out, and if I draw dead tomorrow I think I might start panicking a little bit.

Besides the job hunt, very little is new or exciting. I haven't been out to walk again, and it rained tonight. We ate pizza and beer c/o Coral, who needed a place to stay tonight on her way through Edmonton. We watched 'The Rock', played a little guitar (there are two acoustics in the house), and I failed at sudoku on medium (thus failing at life). My brain feels like mush after staring at numbers for 30 minutes.

I don't miss home, but I don't like it here. I am excited to work, and it will be alright once I start. Being without all the comforts of home - my computer, bed, friends, routine - doesn't really faze me. I think that might be weird, but I've gotten used to being semi-detached in general.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to blogging at the end of my day. I think about what to write usually fairly early in the evening, and it gets my thoughts out before I go to bed.

'An empty shell seems so easy to crack'

No comments: