Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yesterday To Tomorrow

In Edmonton weeeeeeee.

Arrived this morning in town, and I confess that I wasn't that serious until we were here. Three of us drove straight through the night, and after catching the 3pm ferry yesterday, we didn't stop until 8ish this morning.

We found a friend who loaned us his condo indefinitely, which is an amazing score. He left for Cuba for a few months today, and it's a pretty sweet setup here.

After we crashed for a few hours this morning, I took a walk around the neighbourhood to get familiar with bus stops and stuff. We're staying in a new area, but it's established enough to have some attractive walking destinations rather than dirt mounds that usually surround new construction. I hope I find a job that allows me to stay in this place, so I can have a somewhat enjoyable routine.

Tomorrow I get my H2S, then tuesday I start firing resumes out. I've emailed a ton out already with no results, but I'm optimistic. I'll find 1 of 3 different categorized jobs:
1. An oil sector related job that is nearby, so I can stay here in edmonton
2. An oil sector related job that forces me to relocate to a work camp somewhere
3. A non-oil sector related job nearby, so I can stay

1 or 2 is just fine with me. 2 is lucrative for the simple reason that I get living out pay.

Anyway, there's a computer here in the condo, so if I stay I'll post updates fairly often.

Sunshine ftw...

'It’s such a waste child, to live and die for the Dreams of our Fathers'

No comments: