Monday, April 28, 2008

I Alone

Busy day.

I'm getting used to the fact that I am spending a lot of time adjusting to a weird new place. It makes me really tired, yet I get so anxious about finding work that I can't sleep. I'm also eating differently, in a dryer climate, and I don't know anyone. It's all contributing to a strange change.

That being said, I had a stressful yet successful day. I immersed myself in the Edmonton public transit system before I came here, and it paid off today. I successfully navigated through the downtown core, and numerous stations and transfers as I went 30 or so blocks east, and 87 blocks North. Then home again.

By the time I got home tonight I was pretty hooped. We then went out to return a movie, and wound up getting lost for an hour. I was in the backseat knowing exactly where we were, yet the two up front were arguing and ignoring me. It's odd not looking to the mountains to get a bearing, but looking at the sun's position instead.

The fact that we got lost and I was being ignored was really frustrating. When we got home I snapped. I was tired and not in the mood I guess. We had new keys cut, and they didn't work when I tried them out. This was because the home depot girl sucks at life.

Tomorrow is a pretty extensive runaround including a physical and a day in the backseat again. Hopefully I'm employed by the time I write next.

'You pretend it doesn't bother you, but you just want to explode'

No comments: