Tuesday, April 1, 2008

La Partida

Long week

I am getting down to the grind. Everything is now a simple sentence. My mind is kinda mushy. I've gotten a ton done, and I'm mowing through tests and assignments with the same odd mechanic efficiency that I had three weeks ago. I fondly look back at the days where I didn't have serious work to do, even for just one day.

Umm not really much to report of any significance. I worked hard, partied hard, and rocked hard this weekend. I listened to a lot of music this weekend. I bet I listened to 30-40 hours of music between friday and monday. I guess that's significant. I would say that the 6 minutes that the Foo Fighters performed 'my hero' was the climax of all that.

I really wanted to get a chance to play music on friday night, but we wound up watching the hockey game and drinking too much to care. I've drank pretty hard in the last month, in comparison to my normal intake. I'm definitely a binge drinker, and I would say I normally go once a month. All in moderation I suppose. Well it went like 3 times in march. So I guess you should take moderation in moderation. Or something like that.

Beat: I was sitting in lecture today wondering what the "MICHAEL'S ?" meant on the chalk board. Then some girl asked and Guy goes, 'oh yeah, mike had a question last class that I wanted him to repeat, because I thought it was insightful.' So everyone looks at me, and as usual my mouth was full of food in a rather embarrassing way. And I don't remember WTF I asked 5 days ago. Anyway, I made good when someone else took the liberty of looking like a dumbass. 20 minutes later the kid who was asleep in the back asked out loud what the 'michaels ?' thing was on the board.

[x] embarrassed by instructor
[x] bailed out by kid who can't afford coffee
[ ] interesting lecture

'ambition makes you look pretty ugly'

No comments: